Monday, January 22, 2007

Graveyard shifts anybody? Oh pick me, pick me! So I experienced my first graveyard shift EVER on Friday night. Everything was fine until it got to 3am and I hit a wall. We ran out of flour (blasphemy in pastries!) and I cleaned for the next 3 hours until I got to leave at 6:30am. Trying to go to sleep was interesting. In fact, it was damn near impossible. I managed a couple of hours and then got back up to go back in at 8pm and do it all over again. Saturday night wasn't too bad. I was actually pretty busy up until 5am (tiramisu for breakfast?) and got out at 7am. Not too shabby. I was able to crash immediately. Fantastic! It was one of those sleeps where I awoke fearing that it was going to be time to go to work again but to my surprise only 2 hours had gone by! It was the equivalent of drunk sleep and it was fantastic. However, having to go back into work at 5pm when you had just left at 7am was pretty shitty. That was a long shift and it was pretty slow. I made it home and passed out only having to wake up to go to the dentist at 8am today (seemed like a good idea at the time). My teeth are clean and my face is now numb due to having a cavity (at least it was only one! I eat sugar for a living people...it could've been a lot worse). Seeing that I have today and tomorrow off I am going to attempt the impossible...getting all of my errands done...muahahahha

0 comments: