Friday, April 10, 2009

Yesterday I made a pilgrimage to Retro Bakery off of 95 and Durango. I forget how I originally came across this bakery...probably while I was looking for ideas for my own bakery on the internet. It had been on my list of places to go check out for awhile and now I'm kicking myself for waiting for so long! I was disappointed at first that I had gotten there so late in the day and the display case was almost empty. However, the very nice man behind the counter informed me to tell him whatever flavors I wanted and they would frost one in the back for me really quick. The cupcakes were $2.50 a piece or $27 for a dozen. I went for the dozen because there were too many interesting flavors that I wanted to try. I headed out of there and back home (shockingly without hitting any traffic!) and sat down at the table to begin the taste test. I took a bite of each cupcake making sure to cleanse my pallet in between each taste.
Here are the notable flavor combos that I would highly suggest if you make a visit:
1. Glazed Donut: Vanilla Cake drenched in donut glaze
2. Cookies and Cream: Chocolate cake topped with crushed Oreo cookies in vanilla buttercream
3. Peanut Butter Cup: Chocolate cake topped with peanut butter buttercream and dark chocolate shavings
4. Milk & Cookies: Chocolate chop cake topped with vanilla buttercream and a scratch-made chocolate chip cookie

There were many other flavors that I wanted to try but my dilema was that I had hit the dozen cupcake mark. I guess I will have to make another pilgrimage soon. If you want to check out their website it's www. RetroBakeryLV.com
blog comments powered by Disqus