Saturday, April 18, 2009

Yesterday I drove from Las Vegas to Los Angeles.  I hit traffic for 2 hours which bummed me out because I was making such good time.  Apparently there was a truck that had rolled over and was on fire.  However, there was a ton of slowing and I NEVER saw a truck and then the traffic magically started flowing again.  Welcome to California.  I stopped by my Dad's house and had a good chat with him.  Then I went to my mom's house where I proceeded to make some carrot cake cupcakes and white cake cupcakes for my friend Nicole and her fiance Dan for their wedding.  After chatting with my mom for awhile, I went to bed and had the most solid sleep I've had in a long time.  For some reason, sleeping in the bed I grew up in is always so comforting.  This morning I got up and went and grabbed coffee with my mom at a new cafe/pizza joint in our quiet neighborhood.  They bake the majority of their pastries in house and I selected a strawberry delight that unfortunately was not as good as it looked.  Sigh.  Just more proof that I need to get my but back to Westchester and open up my own bakery.  Side note:  El Segundo bakery (the only other local potential competition for my future bakery) has closed and is for sale.  Where is my monopoly money tree when I need it?!  My mom and I went to the Apple store where she so graciously purchased a MacBook for me.  I haven't blogged in awhile due to my Dell PC deciding to die and take the AC adaptor along with it (good think I had backed up the majority of important stuff to an external hard drive already!)  I then went with my friend Jen to a Thai/Swedish massage that she had scheduled for us (a belated Christmas present because Spa Week was this week where locations across the U.S. were offering spa deals for $50...what a steal!)  That was the quickest hour and half but it was so relaxing.  I had never had a Thai massage before but I recommend it if you need a chiropractic adjustment as well as the soothing effects of a massage!  I then met my mom and dad for a manicure and pedicure (yes, I've got my Dad hooked on pampering himself now!  He deserves it!)  I then went back home and made the frosting for the cupcakes and Nicole and Dan came over to taste test them...they were exactly what they wanted!  Then I went with my mom to pick up dinner from a local Italian restaurant, Alejos, and had dinner over at my Grandma and Grandpa's house.  Then it was off to Tower of Pizza to hang out with my brother for a little bit.  Of course I had to connect my new laptop to the internet at home and blog before I could go to bed!  Tomorrow's adventure:  TV Land Awards at the Gibson Ampitheater at Universal Studios.  Big Feet Pjs is going to be featured in the gift lounge.  I can't wait to blog about all the celebrities that I will have met and hopefully have some pictures to post :)
blog comments powered by Disqus