Saturday, August 30, 2008




My 25th Birthday was quite eventful. I figured that since it was a monumental day that I should go do something special. I decided that I wanted to go see the Grand Canyon since I had never been (isn't that something you are supposed to do younger on a vacation with the fam?!) My best friend Melinda and I went the tourist route and took a charter bus to the West Rim. The trip there was a little nauseating due to the 7 miles of unpaved road and a not so personable driver. We finally made it (alive) and went to the first stop: The Skywalk. Heck no we weren't paying extra money to stand on a clear deck that was 4,000 feet above the canyon! We had a great view standing on the solid ground. Next, we went to the stop that had even more gorgeous views. This is where the day takes a turn for the worse. I made the genius decision to eat macaroni salad. Now folks, I don't know if you know this or not, but it was fairly warm that day and mayo isn't meant to be sitting in the heat. Needless to say my stomach started punching me from the inside. We went to the last stop which was the ranch and went horseback riding to the edge of the canyon and back. Absolutely phenomenal. We got back to the tour bus at the time specified (and threatened to be left behind if not on time) only to be delayed in departure 1 hour due to some silly tourists that weren't back yet. We left them after an hour. Too bad suckers. We made it back to the car and had just enough time to shower and get ready for dinner at AJ's Steakhouse at the Hard Rock. I decided that some champagne would help my stomach and downed a glass. About halfway through dinner I wasn't feeling so great and made a couple of trips to the bathroom and had my food put in to-go boxes. I thought I could push through the sick and still enjoy the rest of my birthday. We went to Wasted Space and I tried to have a good time but was encouraged to go home and take it easy. Good call by my friends because I spent the rest of the night wishing I was never born. I was out of commission all the next day too. I would never wish food poisoning upon my worst enemies (that's if I had enemies!) So ultimately, I will have a part II celebration sometime soon and I definitely will never forget my quarter of a century birthday!

1 comments:

jiggins said...

ah 25.. don't even remember mine.. wait yes I do.. involves a piercing and some euro-girls. wowza.