Friday, July 11, 2008

Sometimes I wonder. Well I tend to wonder about a lot of things. While I'm waiting for the last half hour of my shift to end, I began to think "how much longer can I go at this pace?" Kind of an odd question but here is the background story. For about a year now, I've been working two jobs which means working 16 hour days sometimes. It is only destiny that I start to burn myself out and feel exhausted all the time. I'm not eating as well as I should and I LIVE for sugar highs. I guess that is kind of the industry that I am in and surrounded by but that doesn't mean there aren't alternatives. Ric is introducing me to some supplements and protein ideas to incorporate into my lifestyle. I don't want to work 2 jobs for the rest of my life. It just happens to be a vicious cycle that I am in right now. Did you know that Las Vegas is the number 1 city in the nation for credit card debt? For some odd reason I wasn't surprised when I heard that statistic and you probably aren't that surprised by it either (whoever you may be my one reader!) Do I blame this on the fact that in school they never really taught us how to manage our money? or is this something that your parents teach you? My parents did their best to teach me but I guess ultimately it comes down to being an adult and making your own decisions that lead you to your current situation. Here is where I come full circle: I'm getting ready to turn 25 and I want to make some changes in my life. I don't want to be in credit card debt so that I don't have to work 2 jobs. I need to start being more financially responsible. I'm taking baby steps by not going out for drinks as often (not that my work schedule really allows for socializing anymore these days!) and I've been trying not to buy myself things because I feel that I "deserve" them because I've been working hard...that's what got me into this mess in the first place! Anyways, thanks for reading the financial rant. If you have any suggestions, comments, concerns, donations, etc. please feel free to respond! Much love.

0 comments: