Saturday, July 12, 2008

Recently a good friend of mine asked me when I started listening to country music. I was always the girl that listened to all different types of music but not really country. I told her that I thought it really started about 2 years ago when I moved to Vegas. She thought that was kind of random since Vegas isn't really known for country music but there were definitely other influences other than the city. One of my co-workers listened to country a lot while we were at work and I also found a great website called pandora.com that let me enter in artists that I liked and then they would play artists that had similar music. This is where I first heard of Taylor Swift (waaaaay before she became mega-popular) and went out and bought her cd. Fell in love with it. From there my interest grew. I wouldn't necessarily change the radio station away from the country station and actually listen to the words. They weren't as cliche as I felt they use to be in the past. Perhaps I am getting older and wiser and have more experience and can relate to these songs more. So as I stand here and type at work in my cowboy boots and cowgirl jean skirt I'd like to encourage everyone to try listening to music even if they "like everything BUT country"....you might be surprised that you actually like it :)

0 comments: