Sunday, September 21, 2008

EHarmony...those commercials have been haunting me for awhile now out here in Vegas. I've tried the match.com thing a couple of times, unsucessfully of course. Oh the horror stories. Here's the cliff note from the one date I went on about a year ago from a "match": I really wanted to go see the Bodies Exhibit at the Tropicana so we went and that apparently got this guy in the mood because he wanted to try and makeout with me right then and there...not exactly my idea of romantic. So here I am again being encouraged to try Match.com again or EHarmony. I figured I would give EHarmony a chance since Match didn't work out so well for me last time. After answering the ridiculous questionnaire and receiving a "report" detailing what people could potentially like and dislike about me (f-that yo!), I was able to see my potential matches. However, what they fail to tell you is that you don't get to see their pictures unless you PAY for the service! I'm sorry if this sounds messed up but if I am not physically attracted to a person, then I most likely don't want to try and start a communication with them online. What if I paid for the subscription and saw the pictures and wasn't attracted to ANYBODY!? What a waste of money that would be, right? This directly lead me back to match where I re-vamped my profile and pictures and released it to the wild for free just to see what was out there. There was one that contacted me and I was interested (and he had a picture that I could SEE thank goodness!) and now here I am....$30.00 and I'm subscribed for a month. I'm sure there will be plenty of more interesting horror date stories to come because I plan on speed dating for a month to get my money's worth!

1 comments:

jiggins said...

back to the bars?