Sunday, September 28, 2008

Date/Meeting #1: Robby. 23 years old (younger than what I usually like to date but claimed to act in his late 20's), and played AAA baseball for the Padres (this last part is what really sold me). I meet up with him for a beer. That should've been my first warning. I arrived and he was already blitzed. However, he was pretty nice and behaved himself and we had a good chit chat. Things seemed to go pretty well (it wasn't an obvious disaster) and he asked me if we wanted to hang out this weekend. Sure, why not? So Thursday I sent him a text message to say hi (side note: text messaging has totally revolutionized if not DESTROYED the art of dating) and he said that he was at work until 9 but could he call me later? Sure, why not? Well...no phone call. I wasn't surprised by this. Anything that boys do doesn't seem to surprise me anymore these days. Friday comes and passes and I go to bed. At 3am he calls. I reject that phone call because no one calls at 3am unless it's an emergency (and we totally were not at that level yet) which means that it only meant one thing: booty call. Not interested buddy. I send him a text later saying "so you're going to be that guy that only texts me at 3am?" to which he replied "only on special days" to which I couldn't even fathom a response and left it at that. Needless to say, I deleted him from myspace (not like he would recognize that one of his 500 friends that were ALL girls) was missing. However, I'm not totally giving up on match.com yet. I still have a couple of more weeks to see what is out there and I've already made a couple of connections. Next step is to meet them in person and go from there. Stay tuned for my next date!

1 comments:

jiggins said...

Can I just say that I am totally glad we are documenting these things.. that script of what happened with Robbie, was great. Seriously.. I loved it, sorry for the pain an annoyance he caused you - but seriously.. cleverly played Lady! Good stuff. Keep it coming.. and focus on what you DO want. You WILL get it... I promise:)