Monday, July 20, 2009

The First Annual El Segundo Grilled Cheese Invitational took place last weekend and I was invited to be a guest judge because I've been professionally trained in culinary school (very flattering and if that lets me eat as many grilled cheese as I want, then by all means!) This was hosted at my brother's house most commonly referred to as OAK. The first grilled cheese to hit our palates was a flaming hot cheeto encrusted buffalo chicken blue cheese filled grilled cheese sandwhich. By far this was the most unique entry of the night and was actually quite delicious. I wish it would have been a little crispier but overall it was a winner in my eyes but we still had many more entries to go. Ultimately, the winner ended up being a grilled cheese with apple on a croissant. Not necessarily my choice but I was apparently biased since my boyfriend entered the competition as well!
blog comments powered by Disqus